The School of Education’s Makerspace provides a flexible, informal environment where students, faculty, and staff can easily collaborate and create. The Makerspace is located in 0460 Lagomarcino Hall (west hallway, lower level). Take a virtual tour of the makerspace: Makerspace Virtual Tour.
Tools and technologies in the Makerspace:
- 3D Printers – requires training to use (Sign up for Makerspace training)
- Laser Cutter – requires training to use (Sign up for Makerspace training)
- Sewing Machine
- Cricut Maker Machine
- Legos and Lego wall
- Interactive TV display
- Various craft materials (cardboard, fabric, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Hardware and software for audio recording and screencasting
Any of the checkout equipment in the CTLT may also be used in the Makerspace. Checkout is restricted to School of Education faculty, staff, and students. View our checkout policies page for more information.
Materials Available for Purchase
Laser cutter material:
- 12″ x 20″ sheet of birch plywood: $12.40
- 12″ x 20″ sheet of matte acrylic: $7.73
- Any other material must first be approved by the CTLT.
3D Printing: $0.06/gram of filament used
Paper and Vinyl:
- 12″ x 12″ Cardstock: $0.50 each
- 12″ x 12″ Vinyl: $0.50 each
- 12″ Wide Transfer Tape: $0.20/inch
- 6″ Wide Transfer Tape: $0.10/inch
Please visit the CTLT Support Desk in 0640 Lagomarcino Hall if you have any questions.