The Center for Technology in Learning and Teaching (CTLT) is continually seeking student assistants to work at the support desk to assist students with technology projects, troubleshoot computer and equipment problems, check equipment in and out, and assist faculty with technology in their courses. The ideal CTLT student assistant will:
- Be consistently and actively engaged in CTLT related work while on duty
- Have the desire to continually learn new technologies and skills
- Have the willingness to share knowledge to assist students, faculty, and staff with projects
- Be a good problem solver
- Have strong communication skills
- Take ownership of projects, take initiative to identify work that needs to be done, and look for ways to improve daily operations
- Be a team player and contribute to a supportive work environment to complete weekly tasks
- Be detail oriented to make sure all procedures are followed
- Be committed to the CTLT’s success
- Apply what they’ve learned in the CTLT to their coursework and future classrooms
For more information on future job openings, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please fill out the application form and include your course schedule for the following semester.
The CTLT typically asks for applications towards the end of each semester.