The Center for Technology in Learning and Teaching (CTLT) has a poster printer that can be used for conferences, research presentations, or other academic purposes.
Sizing – 2 ft x 3 ft and 3 ft x 4 ft are the most commonly used poster sizes. Before you create your poster, make sure to set the size. Adjusting the size after completing your poster may cause items to move on your poster.
File Format – PowerPoint, PDF, or image file such as JPEG. PDF is the recommended format because it prints more reliably.
Access – To access the poster printer, you will first need to visit the Support Desk in 0640 Lagomarcino. The Student Assistants on duty will log you into the poster printing computer.
Cost – Posters are $1.40 per square foot. A 2 x 3 poster is $8.40 and a 3 x 4 poster is $16.80.
Methods of Payment – The CTLT only accepts cash, checks, or intramural forms. Posters cannot be charged to a UBill. If charging to an intramural account, please come with an ISU Intramural Purchase Order form for each poster being printed. This form is available on the Controller’s Office website.
Poster Printing Policies:
- The CTLT does not print posters for others. Students are expected to print their own posters using the provided instructions. CTLT staff will provide assistance if needed.
- Use of the poster printer is provided on a first come, first serve basis.
- A wait list will be created if several students are needing to print. This list is deleted each night and a new list begins each day.
- Students must be here when it is their turn to print. If they are not here, they forfeit their position in the wait list. If they come back, they will be put at the end of the wait list.
- Reservations cannot be made for the poster printer.
- Editing is not allowed at the poster printer computer. Poster files should be complete at the time of printing. If editing is needed the student will forfeit their position in line so they can finish editing.
Please visit the Support Desk in 0640 Lagomarcino for more instructions and information.